SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Falcon-acoustics KEF Concerto Crossover Networks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irishjohn
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Falcon-acoustics KEF Concerto Crossover Networks Reply with quote

Greetings gentlemen,

I note in the forum that Falcon-Acoustics are somewhat tardy in responding to e-mail enquiries. However, for five weeks I have had no response from them whatsoever!

I have sent E-mails to both their sales and technical dept. concerning their:

NO. 5: KEF Concerto Crossover network B139B/B110A/T27A (equiv. DN12 SP1004 but with higher power handling) or a suitable replacement. (No. 6 or No.33, perhaps.)

Does anyone know if they are still in business?

Thanks

John Taylor
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Falcon-acoustics KEF Concerto Crossover Networks Reply with quote

Falcon Acoustics has or is about to become something else.
Due to bad health, retirements, it could no longer continue in its present form.
I gather an ex employee or partner is doing his best to get things started under another banner.
Try phoning them, you will then be given a new number to try.
Irishjohn
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Falcon-acoustics KEF Concerto Crossover Networks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Proffski, and I'm sorry to hear that Falcon are in difficulties.
I've always found them very helpful in the past.
Will phone as you suggested.
Regards
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Falcon-acoustics KEF Concerto Crossover Networks Reply with quote

Wheras previously I got number unavailable there is at least now an answering machine.

The new outfit if it survives will be called AP Electronics, so I'm told...
Irishjohn
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Falcon-acoustics KEF Concerto Crossover Networks Reply with quote

Just an update about Falcon.
Finally got a response from them about my crossover query so they may be back in business.

Their No.5 is a direct replacement for the KEF DN12 SP1004. However, they suggested their crossover No. 6c as an upgrade and I have ordered 2x of these.

They are still going through the moving premises hassle etc. but they have promised to E-mail me sometime early Sept. to confirm my order.

Will post progress then.
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
AP Electronics

Good choice Twisted Evil .

Where will they appear on a Google search list though?

Above or below the firm in South Africa, the illuminated sign maker, computer components supplier or home entertainment shops in Huston Texas, Delmont California, etc.
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me Sad ?

Asked Falcon for a quote to either build or supply parts for a 4-way IMP design by KEF, for Burt Web and was ignored Crying or Very sad .

Today, requested stock availability on two crossover designs and PCB's, with alternatives and was again ignored Evil or Very Mad Exclamation

In both cases the bill would have been ~£100, are my orders too small or don't they bother reading their emails Question
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Falcon Reply with quote

Either they are going down the pan or the remaining employees are not happy! Maybe both… Staff morale + Teamwork equals excellence
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't comment about the firm having a similar name, but Malcolm Jones of Falcon Acoustics is on the ball as ever Smile in supplying crossovers and other components, even though there was a slight delay caused by him having to get a couple of inductors from down the road Shocked .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Motorcycle Boy
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

last week I ordered a pair of cross-overs for my Concerto's. He responded within a week, the cross-overs were made within a week and delivery also took a week. So I think he's still in business.

A pity that his site isn't worth a penny because I'm sure it's full of treasures. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: