SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WOW, really enjoyed listening to my KEF Calindas yesterday!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
centaurus
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: WOW, really enjoyed listening to my KEF Calindas yesterday! Reply with quote

i've been on a sort of speaker rampage the last 3 months or so. traded my Bozak 302A Urbans for KEF 104/2. also got JansZen Z-200, Thiel 03A and my KEF Calindas. still have them all.

thing is that i haven't even listened to the Calindas that much. so, for the first time, i put them on some cheapy but suitable 6" riser poplar stands and just sat down and enjoyed them immensly!

current system is McIntosh MC60 tube amps, borrowed modded MFA Magus C (cathode bias and REL Caps), Theta DSPro GEN III DAC and Theta data II transport and a powered B&W ASW-500 subwoofer.

KEF classic designs are trully impressive and span time very well. i swear i haven't heard my system sound this good in quite some time. in fact, i haven't heard any system sound this good since listening to a friends apogee stages biamped with VTLs and bel EVO amps, manley steelhead and SME deck. of course, his sytem cost, oh, just a touch more than mine Wink

can't wait to get my Morel tweeters for the 104/2. KEF sure made some awesome speakers back in the day!

see ya,
Robby
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, aint they? Very Happy

Man, the Calinda's sound better than 95% of the modern junk out there. And the last 5%, I can't afford. Wink

Enjoy! Vintage KEF rules!
centaurus
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gary,

you ain't kiddin'

i'm listening to john patton right now. wow, not only are the calindas rich and groovy, but they image like no one's business!

makes me eager to hear what the 104/2 will sound like when the new tweeters arrive.

Robby

Gary wrote:
Nice, aint they? Very Happy

Man, the Calinda's sound better than 95% of the modern junk out there. And the last 5%, I can't afford. Wink

Enjoy! Vintage KEF rules!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: