SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Love those Calindas!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
centaurus
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Love those Calindas! Reply with quote

i know I've posted about the admiration for my KEF Calindas in the past, but i just can't get over them! coupled with my REL Q100 sub, McIntosh MC60 tube amps and MFA Magus C tube preamp, i could care less about "ultimate transparency" or "micro dynamics" any other audiophile babbling (although the Calindas excel in these areas anyway). this system is just a pure joy to listen too! and i can't imagine ANYONE saying they are veiled in any sort of way. the soundstage and imaging is just outstanding.

i can't wait to hear the Calindas once i get my Quad 405-2 back from my friend who's modding it with the appropriate dc-daylight and Ludwig mods.

still have my 104/2 with the Vifa MG27 tweeters. they sound great too, but none of my amps can properly control those bandpass woofers. maybe the modded quad, depending on how far my friend wants to go with it. you can get it to 200wpc at 4 ohms with Ludwig's mods. but it's an effort.

sold my Thiel 03A to my friend. they sound great too, but the Calindas are just something very special. they have the ability to not necessarily kick the crap out of any speaker ever made, but make it so you don't really care about anything else other than listening to music.

see ya,
Robby
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember a positive comment from you in the past.... Very Happy

Cool
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that KEF sound, you instinctively know when something is right.
Just like a good malt whisky, a 1st growth claret or the voice of a diva…
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: