SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stag.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Stag..... Reply with quote

And today's brand name to play with is Stag Audio.

Ambassador 30 from ~1977.

380mm*240mm*150mm veneered box containing a B110A SP1003 and T27 SP1032.

The crossover has three inductors, four capacitors and a resistor.
i.e. a SP1017 with a 6R8 resistor to pad the B110A's output down to 80dB, to match the T27's sensitivity.

Made by DTR Electronics Limited.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stag?!?

I have never heard of the brand! UK only, I presume?

You now what? It might be interesting to generate a list of all brands that utilized KEF speaker parts.

On the other hand, it might just turn out to be a "hunt list" for ePrey sellers....
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
it might just turn out to be a "hunt list" for ePrey sellers....

I wouldn't worry they're too busy gutting Concerto's and Cantata's to supply the poncy LS3/5a market and dipsticks who blow up their T52's because "Audiocretin" says "protection circuits affect the sound."

Quote:
have never heard of the brand! UK only, I presume?

Probably, just like Nippro who produced a bespoke design of the Pro9-TL transmission line and Arena of Denmark who did Heathkits and Peerless boxes, there were several other "unknowns" producing magazine designs for non-woodworkers.

I suspect with Canada's home grown Concerto design there are several other "goodies" out there in the woods Very Happy .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Gary
Senior Contributor 200+

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinR wrote:
I suspect with Canada's home grown Concerto design there are several other "goodies" out there in the woods

You're right about that! Someone told me recently that there was a (now defunct) local "high end" stereo store that made their own speakers. I don't know how they got the boxes or grills but apparently they used a KEF T-27 and a KEF woofer of some sort. I've no idea what crossover they used.

I don't know if the story is true. But it might be worthwhile to visit some Saturday morning garage sales down in the city this coming summer! Smile
MGM
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a pair of these particular 'Stags' on eBay, today the 13th of Feb 2010.
Opening bid £100.
Visually they are rather odd to look at, in my opinion.
As for the 'sound', who knows...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: