SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Celestion SL6 / SL6i / SL600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
suffolk2
Intermediate Contributor 50+

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Celestion SL6 / SL6i / SL600 Reply with quote

Anyone had these ?

What are they like and is the SL600 a gem ?
qguy
Intermediate Contributor 75+

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Celestion SL6 / SL6i / SL600 Reply with quote

I had the Sl61 for a couple of years, these are just fabulous !!!. Thery are imaging monsters !!! sweet, holographic are just a few terms that i can think of right now to describe the Sl6si.

Camparing them to KEF 105.2..

Compared to my KEF 105.2, they have a similar presentation of the mids, the mids are out in the back. The highs are a bit sweet (rolled off to others Twisted Evil ). One thing I noticed is that they are much more dynamic (in a smaller scale) compared to my KEF 105.2. I guess this is due to the smaller faster 6.5 inch woofer vs the 12 inch woofer, this character is very evident on drum tracks recording.

suffolk2 wrote:
Anyone had these ?

What are they like and is the SL600 a gem ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: