SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reference 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robbo
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reference 101 Reply with quote

Hi there,

new to this site but boy do I feel at home ! First a small intro, hi my name is Rob and I hail from Kapiti New Zealand. I have been a "KEF" nut since buying a pair of 104a/b kits. I currently own:

Original 104 a/b reference series
Original 101 reference series
pair of C30 and a 80C centre speaker

I am after the circuit diagram of the 101 reference series crossover/protection, can anyone email me a copy please?

I have the 104s as fronts, the 101s as rears and 80C as centre . I also run 2 cheap Sony subs but thet will be replaced as soon as I can find/afford one.

I am currently stripping the 101s, rejuvenating them. I want to replace what I can in the crossover and do up the cabinets.Have rewired with Monster Cable and are about to reassemble them. What damping foam do I put in?

Anyway enough questions for now, Hi and thanks for this forum!
Rob
SteveB
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This site features the circuit diagram here:
http://www.hifiloudspeakers.info/Anatomy/SpeakerSystems/101/101spec.html

Click on the More Information link at the top of the page. The circuit for the protection circuit is not included - I didn't bother tracing it because there was no way of finding out what is in the potted module.

The other pictures have accompanying text describing the construction and the cabinet damping materials, etc.
Robbo
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, just what I need.
Cheers, Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: