SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF 105.1 Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronald

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: KEF 105.1 Questions Reply with quote

Greetings All; Sorry, I haven't been around much since posting the sales brochure a while ago. I am hoping the guru's here could help me with some questions concerning my 105.1's. So without further pageantry they are;

1. What are the speakers; woofers, mids and tweeter that are in these units? I'm pretty sure the bass is a B200 but would like a definative answer as to the others. Just in case I come across a garage sale of a retired KEF distributor.

2. I have yet to rotate the woofers and have read this should be done regularly. Is there any thing to be aware of when doing this? I am quite mechanically inclined but to be honest, the thought of doing this scares me a little.

3. What is the recommended polish/oil for keeping the cabinets in good shape? I have wiped them down with a light coat of lemon oil but would like to hear of a preffered method.

Thank you all in advance for any information you might provide.

Cheers
Ron
speakerguru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure (but not 100%) that the units were

B300 SP1060
B110 SP1057
T52 SP1049

The B300 is a 12" woofer and was the early one using a sandcast 6 point fixing chassis. (B200 would be an 8"woofer)
Ronald

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You SpeakerGuru. It is definately a 12".

Cheers
Ron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: