SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leak 2075 Are they any good?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fastrunner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Leak 2075 Are they any good? Reply with quote

Hi
Just wonder whether you guys had any experience with these speakers. I like to know what they are like comparing to modern speakers. I cant manage to find much info about them on google.
Someone mention their bass are very good but everything else was poor. Is that true?
Steve
fastrunner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Leak 2075 Reply with quote

Hi
I felt a bit stupid about posting something on this forum and had no reply or help from anyone. This is my second posting in 8 months, the previous one had no respond either. Is it me or what?
Steve
ColinR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pond you're fishing in with approximately 70 active members is a bit small for specific questions about other manufacturers products.

Regarding Leak 2075s drop Dave Roberts www.retrohifi.co.uk a line, as his mate refurbed a pair or squeak on his bbs.

Mordaunt Short 442 are unknown to me as I don't collect hifi magazines or yearbooks, I use my garage space for slightly larger items Cool .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Gary

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a Leak amp but never speakers.

It probably has something to do with the fact that I am in Canada. Smile

PS.... anyone else want to go through Colin's garage? Sounds like an interesting place! Wink
ColinR

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
anyone else want to go through Colin's garage? Sounds like an interesting place

Not really Wink washer-drier, cupboard full of tinned foods, chest freezer, 2.8kW generator, paint, odds 'n sods, thirty odd pairs of KEF based loudspeaker designs Shocked .

My bedroom wardrobe is much more interesting having crossovers, boxed BBC Engineering spec'd T27s and other boxes of NOS B110As, only one pair of T52 SP1072 though Sad .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
proffski

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Leak 2075 Are they any good? Reply with quote

Very impressive looking speakers which indeed had interesting bass.
They did not seem to go very loud before the mid/hf started to misbehave.

Shame, I thought that they had promise, there may have been a MKII but Iím not sure on that one.

Always wanted to use different units leaving the bass unit alone, sadly cabinets got sold after having blown up original drivers, got replaced by Tannoy Ardens which are still in use by a friend.
ColinR

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
there may have been a MKII but Iím not sure on that one.

1st ones had round black tweeters.

2nd ones had square silver tweeters with Al/Fe soldered joints Sad .

3rd ones had an "Isodynamic" ribbon tweeter and were called 3090s Smile .
proffski

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cor blimey your honour, a gap in my memory banks... Confused

Suspected a MKII but have absolutely no recollection whatsoever of the 3090s! Shocked

Cheers for the information.
ColinR

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
The nicest sounding one of the bunch was the mid-sized three way reflex 2030 which can be picked up for next to nothing or ~£30 on ePrey Cool .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: