SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KEF C95 Crossover Schematics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vbiter
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: KEF C95 Crossover Schematics Reply with quote

Hi to all,

As one is apt to do on a sunny Saturday morning, I recently bought a set of C95's at a local flea market in the hope that they might just work ok. Well, the base drivers work after a fashion but the mid range and tweeters are dead as a Dodo. On examining the crossover units, which are SP2136 and SP2138, I noted that they had been subjected to extreme overheating and in turn the tweeters had been fried. Well, after my initial disappointment I decided to have a go at reparing the crossovers and this is where I hope someone may be able to help.

Does anyone have any schematics of the crossover circuitry they could let me have? I know that KEF can supply new crossover units but first I would like to have a go at repairing them myself.

Many thanks.
David
Intermediate Contributor 75+

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you go to the crossover, can you get the mid-tweeter units? I have a friend with C-95s and they use the Uni-Q drivers. I thought they weren't available. If so you might have to go to another idea to resurrect the speakers, and the crossover for the Uni-Q driver won't really help.

David
vbiter
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David

Thanks for your comments. I have been in contact with KEF in Maidstone and they still carry stocks of the tweeter units.

I have ordered two new tweeters - part no. SP1240X - and I intend to move forward with the repair / renovation of the speakers as soon as I can map out the crossover circuitry. I will post more details as I progress.

Regards

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: