SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jungson LS3/5A clone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonylenco
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Jungson LS3/5A clone Reply with quote

Has anyone have any experience with this China made LS 3/5A clone. I have been offered a mint condition used pair for 1000euros. Apparently a search on the web reveal some articles in german about this spk. Does anyone at this forum have a personal experience with them.
proffski
‹ber Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Jungson LS3/5A clone Reply with quote

tonylenco wrote:
Has anyone have any experience with this China made LS 3/5A clone. I have been offered a mint condition used pair for 1000euros. Apparently a search on the web reveal some articles in german about this spk. Does anyone at this forum have a personal experience with them.

A new one on me, but I'd not even think about it without listening first! Shocked
ColinR
‹ber Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itís highly unlikely that a good clone of an old BBC design has been allowed out of China as they command very high levels of indebted servitude.

So youíre probably looking at a forgery of a copy!

Run away, unless you can afford to burn the money Cool .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
tonylenco
Junior Contributor 10+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://translate.google.com.sg/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.fairaudio.de/leserberichte/hoererfahrung-kompakt-lautsprecher-jungson-3-5-a-1.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3DJungSon%2BLS%2B3/5A%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26hs%3DDJx

Posted a review of the speakers after google translation from the original article in german.
speakerguru
VIP Contributor 750+

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: Jungson LS3/5A clone Reply with quote

tonylenco wrote:
Has anyone have any experience with this China made LS 3/5A clone.

They're not clones. The drive units don't even look close. Nice looking, but not 3/5As.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: