SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cresta vs Coda

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craigb
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Cresta vs Coda Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have never been able to work out what the difference between the Cresta and Coda designs of the 60s - 70's and wonder if someone might enlighten me?

I have looked at the technical section of this site and they seem the same to me.

I can see the difference in the Chorale and Cantor, which is fairly obvious, but not so with the above. Was one superior to the other?

I notice that the current user of KEF still uses there marks in their AV lines but still can't work out where each one fits.

Cheers
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although "outside the scope of my collection" the slatted wooden front baffled and later conventional fabric and hardboard grilled Cresta predate the Coda.

The Cresta used screw terminals throughout it's product lifetime as did the Coda when endowed with the same B110 probably made by KEF's subcontactor, this then changed to a combination 4mm socket and DIN socket input panel.

Having been in the early varient of the Cresta and two out of three varients of the original Coda I would say one design morphed into another.

Regarding KEF's subcontractor and the many varients of B110 (7 so far), I'm not saying until Malcolm Jones of Falcon Acoustics produces his autobiography Cool .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
proffski
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Cresta vs Coda Reply with quote

Gramophone has a snippet here: http://www.gramophone.net/Issue/Page/January%201970/139/774810/KEF+Cresta+Loudspeaker.+Price%3A+JJ22+3s.+7d.+Manufacturer%3A+KEF+Electronics+Ltd..+Tovil,+Maidstone,+Kent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: