SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When's an IMF not an IMF........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: When's an IMF not an IMF........ Reply with quote

.....when it's a two-way B110 T27 combination in an unmitred cabinet with IMF International badges and an acoustic foam front.

A pair was sold on ePrey US as "possible IMFs" (MCR2As with KEF B110/T27 drivers as replacements, the tweeters aren't rebated for crying out loud!) and a pair were seen by me at the Tonbridge do.

At £275 or any other price they're not Kosher.

If they were Kosher (rebated T27s), had their original "Maple Technologies" badges I might have been interested, but the vendor knowingly or unknowingly was after a much bigger sucker than me Shocked .

edited 15:30 18-03-2009 They've just appeared on ePrey, avoid.

edited 19:40 18-03-2009 Sold to a Star Wars fan in Glasgow for £375; well I tried, wonder when they'll reappear?

The IMF boys have put them in their "Rouges Gallery" so mugs and LS3/5a wannabe muppets be warned,

there are more of these counterfeits out there.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: