SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picked up a set of corelli's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnjh4747
Introductory Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Picked up a set of corelli's Reply with quote

Hi

New member here, and I have recenty acquired a set of Corelli's. I had never heard of KEF until I stumbled across a question on one of the audio boards asking for comparison between Klipsch Heresy and KEF 105.2. Well, that got my attention, as I own a set of Heresy I"s. Did some research on the net, and was pleasantly surprised at the reviews that KEF received. The Corelli's had one bad T27, so I replaced both with Vifa XT25TG30 (1.5K to 40K). I haven't rebuilt the crossovers (parts are on the way) :however; I think they sound very good. So anyway I have one good T27 if anybody needs this item. The other T27 produces some sound if the area surrounding the dome has pressure applied, so it might be repairable. Also have one good Corelli grill if anybody needs this item. My main speakers are Altec A7 VOTT biamped with 4 bridged ART SLA1's, and other speakers are the Klipsch Heresy's, Altec Flamenco's, Altec Santana, Paradigm Titans, and now the KEF Corelli. My other amps are Luxman M12, and a pair of Luxman B12. I'm certainly glad that I stumbled onto the discussion regarding KEF performance.

John H
Des Moines IA
mikeytheo
Intermediate Contributor 25+

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John & welcome to the group.
Good timing as I am looking for info on a set of American speakers I have been offered - Rectilinear Lowboys. Found a bit of info on the net which gives them very favourable reviews - and big raps with comparisons to Quad ESLs except with better bass. However I have never spoken to anyone who has actually heard a pair (other than the seller of course - and he is on the other side of the country). Ever heard these (built in New England) ?
Cheers,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> KEF Speakers from the 1970s All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: