SpeakerTalk Forum Index SpeakerTalk
This forum has been set up to facilitate discussion of 1970s KEF speakers and drive units. The owner of the Forum has no connection with KEF Audio.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cambridge Audio TL 200

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Cambridge Audio TL 200 Reply with quote

Hi everybody, i am new on this forum which i accidentally found, searching for info about my speakers.
I am the proud owner of a pair of Cambridge Audio's TL 200 speakers, containing B-139, B110, T-27and a Coles supertweeter.
22348 is one of the serialnrs. the other one i don't know because the typeshield (merely sticker) of one of the cabinets is lost.
Their full name is Monitor Loudspeaker TL 200.
As soon as i figured out how to, i will upload some pictures.
I use a Cyrus Two amplifier with a PSX external power supply, a Thorens TD 160 mk II, Yamaha tuner T560, and a Harman Kardon cd-player, all connect with MonsterCable interlinks and speakercables.
By the way, i'm 46 years old now and i saw my Cambridges when i was about 19 years old. I was asthonished, never heard anything like that before, just couldn't afford them since i was a student that time.
About 8 years ago they were back at the same store is saw them years ago, all opened up to be controlled and revised where necessary.
Then, after some weeks they became mine, lucky me!! Very Happy
I'll be back soon to tell you more about my life with music and love for British speakers. (even build TL-cabinets with B-200 sp1039)
Greetings from Holland, TL 200
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously have an early pair of TL200s as the driver compliment gradually changed initially with Philips tweeter and super tweeter just after the plastic grill forming machine blew up, to all Philips drivers before the model and the original Cambridge Audio disappeared.

The only major difference between your model and my R50s from Cambridge Audio’s Reception is higher powered inductors in the bass section compared to the original crossover.

I would recommend that you join http://groups.google.com/group/vintage-cambridge-audio and for reasons of bandwidth and space upload your photographs there.

You might find who and what lurks there quite interesting too Very Happy .
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
anyone know when mine were build??

The only way you'll find out is to remove a T27 SP1032 as they would have both paper codes and an ink date stamp on the flange.
This post or any other information supplied to this website or any other by myself is not available for any form of commercial purpose i.e. to hi-fi magazines or as sales and marketing material for sleezeBay or Audiodogging pimps and the like.
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your information Colin, as soon as i dare Wink i will remove one to check it out. Pics will be taken and uploaded for others to see.
By the way did you check the images? Does the serialnr. provide any further information??
ColinR
Über Contributor 1000+

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does the serialnr. provide any further information??

Unless there is an element of the original company in existance who keeps and manitains detailed records of total production runs and volumes over specific time periods (or a really sad git who has such information), like Quad Service who could tell me that one of my Quad 606s is from the last fortnight's production of that particular model before they started on it's replacement, no.

I know the TL200 model was around in 1978, but that's all Shocked .
TL 200
Senior Contributor 100+

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some info from FrankWM via e-mail, and on the google VCA group
i read some interesting stuff. Be busy reading a little time but it's nice to gather info. Be back, greets TL 200
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SpeakerTalk Forum Index -> Other speakers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: